Central Vermont Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
Executive Director Job Description
Central Vermont Habitat for Humanity, Inc. is an Affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International located in Montpelier, Vermont and works to build affordable housing and family support throughout Washington and Orange County. The 12-member board of directors and it’s various functional subcommittees develop long-term strategies, annual plans and budgets to achieve this goal. The Executive Director reports directly to the board of directors and supports the board by mangaging daily operations and communications; performing community outreach; fund raising and marketing; and, facilitating other activities as required to help the board execute annual plans successfully.
- Work with the board to develop a sustainable long-term affordable housing plan and appropriate policies to meet affordable housing guidelines and construction and safety standards
- Implement board policy
- Manage daily operations, including light booking, mortgage servicing and reporting, managing donor and volunteer databases, coordinating and scheduling meetings
- Manage and maintain CVHFH library of documents, templates, and presentations
- Manage and facilitate communications across the Habitat for Humanity ecosystem through multiple channels including social media. This includes board and committee members, volunteers, home owners, vendors, donors, town officials, local community and religious organizations, contractors and building supply companies, news organizations, and any other partners
- Expand family support programs
- Organize volunteer involvement opportunities including managing the volunteer tracking system
- Develop resources through a variety of activities such as grant writing, fundraising, and community partnerships and exhibit due diligence work practices
- Enlist and engage prospective donors and grantors to share the vision of Central Vermont Habitat. Be detail oriented and manage finances prudently
- Manage community relationships
- Identify opportunities with other Vermont Habitiat Affiliates and Habitat International to leverage information and resources to support and optimize our work
- Adhere to strict privacy policies and exercise discretion with sensitive and confidential information
- Promote green building practices.
- Strong detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and efficienctly
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying professional organizational, time management, and innovative problem solving skills to a wide variety of daily activities
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform basic financial and bookkeeping tasks such as budgeting/forecasting, using spreadsheets, financial tracking, analysis and reporting
- Ability to manage difficult conversations and negotiations constructively
- Creative, flexible and patient
- Proficienct user of MS Office, QuickBooks Online, social media and collaborative online tools
- A current, valid Driver’s License is required
- A home office with fast internet connection is required (laptop and software provided by Habitat)
- Believe in the mission of Central Vermont Habitat for Humanity and represent the organization in the community with the highest level of integrity and respect for others.
Compensation: Salary range is $20,000 to $28,000 annually based upon an estimated 20 hour work week. Initial salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications. This position has no paid benefits.
Application Process: Interested applicants please e-mail an application package in confidence including a resume, a letter of interest, and 3 references to email@example.com. The job posting will remain open until the position is filled. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
About Central Vermont Habitat for Humanity, Inc.:
Central Vermont Habitat for Humanity's mission is to bring people together to build homes, communities and hope and help families build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. CVHFH's goals are to build partnerships with homeowners, volunteers, donors and local organizations while building affordable housing and home-ownership.
Habitat for Humanity, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer